This Website is operated by Scripps Networks International (UK) Limited (“us“, “we“, or “our“).
We are a company incorporated in England and Wales (with company number 05068968) and registered address of One Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7WS. We are registered as a data controller, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registered number Z3483779).
B. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information about you:
- Information you provide to us: You may provide us with information about you in a number of ways, including when you:
- Visit our Website
- Register for an account on our Website
- Log in (including Social Log in)
- Sign up for newsletter(s)
- Enter a competition or prize draw
- Complete surveys
- Post on message boards
- Submit videos, photographs or other content
- Respond to calls for submission or casting calls
- Provide feedback
- Contact us: This may consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, date of birth or a photo depending on the activity. Further information about you may be collected if you log in to your account through social media (such as Facebook, Twitter etc.). Whether or not you provide us with your personal information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, obtain a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content on our Website.
- Information we collect about you: We may automatically collect certain information about you when you access our Website. This information can include technical information such as: the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet; the type of browser you are using (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.); the third party website from which your visit originated; the operating system you are using (e.g., Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS, etc.); the domain name of your Internet service provider; the search terms you use on our Website; the specific web pages you visit; the videos you view; and the duration of your visits etc..
- Information we receive from others: We may receive information about you from other sources, for example if you use another website that we or one of our affiliated companies operate. We also work closely with third parties (e.g. analytics providers) and may receive information about you from them.One of your friends may also share your email address with us for one of our newsletters to be sent to you. We will only use your email address for this purpose unless you subsequently sign up for an account or newsletter.
C. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
D. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
By using this Website, you agree that your information may be used by us and by carefully selected third parties for the following purposes:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you (e.g. where you have signed up to receiving a newsletter or where you have entered a competition);
- in relation to any communication you send to us, in order to respond to your enquiries;
- to manage any account you hold with us (including sending you welcome emails and account management emails);
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- to ensure that content on our Website is presented in the most effective manner;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about content, goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to help analyse site traffic, understand customer needs and trends, carry out targeted promotional activities, personalise content and to improve our services;
- to understand or measure the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about our Website;
- for sending direct marketing messages by electronic means, where you have agreed to this (see below for more details); and
- to notify you of changes to our Website.
We will only use your information for marketing purposes, to promote new services, activities or online content where you have agreed to this. We may provide you with information about other products or services you have enquired about or those of our parent company, subsidiaries or other affiliated companies (“affiliated companies“), or sponsors, or to communicate with you about content or other information you have posted or shared with us via our Website. We may share your information with these parties and other carefully selected third parties, such as joint ventures, business partners and vendors for these purposes.
You may “opt out” of receiving future promotional communications from us or our affiliated companies by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of emails we send, or as provided below (see the “Your Rights” section).
Where you use the “Forward to a friend” feature on our Website to send one of our Newsletters to a friend, you must ensure that you have your friend’s permission to do so. We will only use your friend’s email address for this purpose and may inform your friend that you have requested this service.
E. WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We may share your personal information with any of our affiliated companies and with selected third parties, including:
- our third party vendors performing functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our affiliated companies) e.g., vendors that administer our promotions and competitions, provide us with marketing or promotional assistance, analyse data, assist us with customer service, etc. our participating sponsors to a program or promotion (e.g., a competition) you enter via our Website, and with third parties who assist us in using the content or other information you have posted or shared with us via our Website (e.g., production companies we may use);
- advertising networks, analytics companies and other vendors for advertising purposes, such as monitoring the effectiveness of adverts and making adverts more relevant to you;
- analytical and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website; and
- selected third parties (such as competition sponsors).
We may also disclose your information to third parties in the event:
- we sell or purchase any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, in which case your personal data may be one of the transferred assets; or
- in the event of any insolvency or re-organisation.
Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any information about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to notices and counter notices pursuant to our notice and takedown policies and procedures and/or if we believe that such action is necessary to:
- fulfill a government request;
- conform with the requirements of the law or legal process;
- protect or defend our legal rights or property, our Website, or other users; or
- in an emergency to protect the health and safety of our Website’s users or the general public.
F. WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The features, programs, promotions and other aspects of our Website requiring the submission of personal information are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us please contact us at [email protected]. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 may review and request deletion of such child’s personal information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
H. OTHER SITES / LINKS
Our Website may link to or contain links to other third party websites that we do not control or maintain, such as in connection with purchasing products referenced on our Website and banner advertisements. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by any third party website. We encourage you to note when you leave our Website and to read the privacy statements of all third party websites before submitting any personal information.
I. YOUR RIGHTS
You may contact us as at [email protected] if:
- wish to make corrections to any of your personal information you have provided; or
- want to opt-out from receiving emails from us or our affiliated companies.
You have the right, under the Data Protection Act 1998, to contact us in order to have access to the information we hold about you (a request may be subject to a fee of £10). Please send your access request to [email protected] You also have the right to object, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of your personal information.
We will respond to your request and, if applicable and appropriate, make the requested change in our active databases as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may not be able to fulfil certain requests while allowing you access to certain benefits and features of our Website.
Effective: November 12, 2008. Revised January 13th, 2015. © 2008 to 2015 Scripps Networks International (UK) Limited. All Rights Reserved.
10 Tiny Homes You Won't Believe People Live in
Find out what it really means to downsize with these super-small houses.View Gallery